Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cabinet Cleaning Leads To...

Yesterday the weather in Our Little Town 
was sublime!

I opened windows and 
let the sunshine and cool breezes filter in.

And set myself to cleaning.

Somehow in the midst of all that cleaning, 
I stumbled upon things that I had forgotten about; 
half started projects and other random items 
I hadn't decided on how or where 
I would use them.

And all of that led to this-


finding the glue gun and some black wire
 at the bottom of tote 
that have been MIA for months.



Finding random frames and a candle holder 
that's never been
just right for anywhere I've tried to use it.  

Out you go, to the yard for 
some sprucing up!

Fresh paint, spray paint that is,

Cutting out hearts...

Combining elements 
from around the house
to make...
a new memo board!

And last but certainly
not least...
 the candle holder/wall decor 
thingy finally found a home.
Home making, keeping home, because
I am a keeper of our home.
Being thrifty, using what I have on hand,
re-purposing old things,
making them into something new.  
Doing what I can to make our home 
a haven,
for those I love most!
This is what cabinet cleaning can lead to!
Have a blessed day!
Titus 2:5
"To be self-controlled, chaste, homemakers, good-natured (kindhearted), adapting and subordinating themselves to their husbands, that the word of God may not be exposed to reproach (blasphemed or discredited)."

Linking up with-

and also here-
shabby creek cottage

And one more place...
Button

6 comments:

jean said...

Love what you did to your frames! They are pretty!! I am in the midst of "spring" cleaning, too. Only we don't really have spring here because we have tropical weather. I hope you have a great evening! And, thanks for coming over to visit and comment on my posts. It means so much!!

mountain mama said...

awesome, you're so crafty...can't wait to see what that rice bag looks like after it's transformed into a pillow...hee hee.

miss y'all, God bless~

Heather said...

I absolutely love both of these the candle holder is so clever!! it looks great in that frame...You are a fabulous keeper of the home!! ~Have a great rest of the week Love Heather

Cynthia said...

Love what you did to those frames... I like using frames in non-traditional ways, too.

Liz @ Here's to Handy Andy said...

These are so beautiful! I love what you did to the frames! I would love for you to share at our link party tomorrow! http://herestohandyandy.blogspot.com/

thistlewoodfarm said...

I love what you did with those frames :) Awesome! I really like the wire wrapped frame.

Thanks so much for all the inspiration.

blessings,
karianne