Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Where have I been?

I hardly ever have time to blog anymore.  I look back over the past few months and wonder how on earth has time slipped by so quickly?  But when you're a busy girl, it just happens.

We've worked hard this spring; built a new deck, put in our garden and helped my Mama with outdoor chores at her home (she lives out of state).

The one, big thing, I am most excited about this spring...




... we now have a working well!

Our neighbor kept telling us he thought we had a capped off well on our property, and he was right.  Mr. C purchased what we needed and discovered we do have well-water, and it's good water!  Crystal clear and very cold!!!  We are very excited!  Now we can water our garden during the dry times, and not have to cause our water bill to increase dramatically.


What a wonderful blessing it is!  It's so refreshing to pump fresh, clean water out of the ground.  And it does remind us of the lesson of our Living Water.

From Charles Spurgeon- this is perfect!

Whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely." --Revelation 22:17 

Jesus says, "take freely." He wants no payment or preparation. He seeks no recommendation from our virtuous emotions. If you have no good feelings, if you be but willing, you are invited; therefore come! You have no belief and no repentance,--come to Him, and He will give them to you. 

Come just as you are, and take "Freely," without money and without price. He gives Himself to needy ones. The drinking fountains at the corners of our streets are valuable institutions; and we can hardly imagine any one so foolish as to feel for his purse, when he stands before one of them, and to cry, "I cannot drink because I have not five pounds in my pocket." However poor the man is, there is the fountain, and just as he is he may drink of it. 

Thirsty passengers, as they go by, whether they are dressed in fustian or in broadcloth, do not look for any warrant for drinking; its being there is their warrant for taking its water freely. The liberality of some good friends has put the refreshing crystal there and we take it, and ask no questions. 

Perhaps the only persons who need go thirsty through the street where there is a drinking fountain, are the fine ladies and gentlemen who are in their carriages. They are very thirsty, but cannot think of being so vulgar as to get out to drink. It would demean them, they think, to drink at a common drinking fountain: so they ride by with parched lips. 

Oh, how many there are who are rich in their own good works and cannot therefore come to Christ! "I will not be saved," they say, "in the same way as the harlot or the swearer." What! go to heaven in the same way as a chimney sweep. Is there no pathway to glory but the path which led the thief there? I will not be saved that way. Such proud boasters must remain without the living water; but, 

                               "WHOSOEVER WILL, 
              LET HIM TAKE THE WATER OF LIFE FREELY."

6 comments:

God's Grace Overflows said...

Love it! It's so true! We only need one "Living well" and it should always be focused on Jesus. I love the cute green well pump!
We have finally been receiving some much needed rain out here. It's been raining so hard that we have had large sections of running water on our property. And, I give God all the Glory for it, mud and all!
Hope you are having a great Summer! So, nice to hear from you.
Blessings,
Amy

The Coderlambian said...

Thanks for the great encouragement! Perfect! And the green (new life color) well pump is wonderful!

living from glory to glory said...

Dear Mrs C.
Your beautiful green pump is a sign to say LIFE Abundant life in Him. I want to tell you how much of an encouragement you are to me!
Blogging sometimes feels like it is not important or has no purpose.
But I can feel the Lords presence as I write at times.
So, what I am saying is this, I need your post. Maybe you could write a few in one day and schedule them out! Your such an encourager. I pray you persevere so I can have this connection with you. Your sister in Christ!

Pam said...

It is so nice to catch up a little with you. I completely understand being busy... especially during the summer.
I blog sometimes frequently, and sometimes sparsely as well; you just have to do what you can.

I love that you were able to open up your well; that is wonderful. I also love that pump/spigot; is it a hand pump, or a spigot? It is wonderful. I do believe that in these days, with so many variables via natural disasters etc, it is good to have a well that you can get water from knowing you still have a source, if the city water were to have some sort of problem; and Charles Spurgeon has a great word and analogy in it all. Thanks for sharing.
Love and Blessing,
Pam

jean said...

Love Charles Spurgeon! Your green pump is splendiferous. How nice you can get water from the well, Mrs. C.

Farming On Faith said...

Hello Friend!
Hope you are making lots of memories this summer!